Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fall Creek Boys Choir

Fall Creek Boys Choir- Bon Iver, James Blake

When I heard that they were collaborating to make a song, I was so excited because I love Bon Iver and James Blake so much. I think it is quite interesting because I was reading some reviews of it recently and a lot of people say that their musical styles are so different, and I do agree that they are different, but I do not think they are like opposite ends of the spectrum as some people seem to make it out to be. I think both of their music has this melodic feel to it. It took me a couple of listens before I got into it, and I do like it and it did live up to my expectations which is fantastic, but at the same time it didn't. It is exactly what you expect, which is my only problem with it, I mean it is a great collaboration, but I was hoping I would love it just as much (if not more) as I expected but it wouldn't be as I expected. Sorry if that doesn't really make sense or is worded odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment