Thursday, September 29, 2011

Breed

Breed (1992 Live at Reading)- Nirvana

Considering that twenty years and five days ago Nirvana release their spectacular album that shook and changed music forever, Nevermind, I thought it would be appropriate to blog about a song from the record. Now, if you like Nirvana as much as I do and read plenty of music blogs and magazines, then you know what everyone has been saying. Let's face it anyone that has good taste in music knows how Nevermind was a special record. You are aware how people say "everyone was into Nirvana" and "it came at the right time" and a million other things, so I am not going to go on and on about how important it is. I love every single song on it and in honor of the release, I am posting one of my favorite songs from Nevermind, (though I really do love them all). Also, on Tuesday I bought the Nevermind Super-Deluxe Edition, which in my opinion is fantastic. It comes with 4 CD's including the original remastered version of the album as well as a DVD of their legendary gig, Live at the Paramount, which is my second favorite Nirvana gig that has been recorded (1992 Reading comes first), though very few have been recorded.... It sounds amazing on vinyl and I listen to it too much. It also comes with a 90 page book with amazing photos that even I have never seen, and before I bought it I thought that I have seen nearly every Nirvana/Kurt Cobain photo that has ever been released on the internet. Anyways, if you are a fan, I suggest you buy it. I love this song, particularly the Live at Reading version because when Kurt begins to sing you can hear the roar of the crowd in the background, this was the opening song of the night. I think it is funny sort of that they thought this was going to be their worst gig ever, according to Dave Grohl! Here is the an article explaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment