Thursday, April 5, 2012

18th Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death. I've made birthday and death memorial posts for Kurt before, and this time instead of me going on about him, I picked some quotes I like regarding Kurt from other people. If you are really interested in what a random person who never knew him but just admires him thinks, you can click on the Kurt Cobain label and read what I have to say.

"He had a touch most guitarists would kill for."- Chuck Berry
 
"I still dream about Kurt. Every time I see him in a dream, I’ll be amazed and I get this feeling that everyone else thinks he’s dead. It always feels totally real, probably because I’m a very vivid dreamer. But, in my dreams, Kurt’s usually been hiding - we’ll get together and I’ll end up asking him, ‘God, where have you been?’"- Dave Grohl

"Kurt chewed bubblegum in his soul."- Courtney Love

"I remember Kurt for what he was, caring, generous and sweet." - Krist Novoselic

"He was a genius."- Paul McCartney

"He respected her a lot. And he really adored her [Kim Gordon]. I knew Kurt, but it wasn’t that intimate a relationship. I mean, we spent a lot of time together when we were on tour and we kept connected, but I think [his death] was a lot more emotional for her. My thing with Kurt was a couple of goofy guys jumping around with each other, whereas they had something deeper. I remember having to make that phone call to Kim. She was doing a photo shoot or something. And she was pregnant, and it was heavy - it was very, very heavy."- Thurston Moore

"I think Kurt was one of the deepest thinkers we've had in popular music over the last 20 years and if anyone deserves to have his songs dwelled upon it's him."- Jim Sclavunos

" For such a quiet person, he was so excited about having a child."- Layne Staley

"You know, I always thought I'd go first. I don't know why I thought that, it just seemed like I would. I mean, I didn't know him on a daily basis - far from it. But, in a way, I don't even feel right being here without him. It's so difficult to really believe he's gone. I still talk about him like he's still here, you know. I can't figure it out. It doesn't make any sense."- Eddie Vedder

"I mourn for Kurt. A once beautiful, then pathetic, lost and heroically stupid boy."- Pete Townshed

"He really, really inspired me. He was so great. Wonderful. One of the best, but more than that. Kurt was one of the absolute best of all time for me." - Neil Young

1 comment:

  1. It is appropriate time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy.

    I've learn this put up and if I may just I desire to recommend you few fascinating issues or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles relating to this article. I want to read more things approximately it!
    Also visit my page diet solution reviews

    ReplyDelete