Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just Like Heaven

Just Like Heaven- The Cure

Yes, everyone knows this song, I mean, how could you not? It's a complete classic. Well, today is my birthday and although it's a bit cliché to say your favorite song by The Cure is 'Just Like Heaven', but what can I say? I might be a bit of a cliché... It, in my opinion is the most perfect pop song in the history of all pop songs that I am aware of. I could really listen to this song all day, everyday if I let myself. I am not sure why, but there is one part in this song that stands out to me in particular. When Robert Smith says:
I  found myself alone,
Alone,
Alone above the raging sea,
That stole the only girl I loved and drowned her deep inside of me.

It really resonates with me, always has since I first listened to 'Just Like Heaven'. I really do love the lyrics, but there is something about the way Robert Smith says it that I just love with every bit of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment