Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy 69th Birthday George!


It is/would be George Harrison's 69th birthday today. I am posting about his song from, All Things Must Pass, 'Isn't It A Pity'. This is my favorite song off of All Things Must Pass, which is saying a lot from me because not only is it one of the best albums of all time, but it is also one of my favorites, in which I listen to tracks from it everyday or so. I could really listen to this song all day. I was talking to this woman in my painting class today, and she was talking about how George was her favorite Beatle, and it was interesting that the people who overheard our conversation agreed. I love him for many reasons, he sung and wrote my favorite Beatle's songs, he came out with awesome albums following the break up of The Beatles, but he was also a very intelligent person who said some of the smartest things I've ever read (via internet). I also admire how he chose to spend his life, you know, he really did not take it for granted, and he made something of it. He seemed like a very creative mind as well as a very passionate person, which I think anyone can and should admire. This is one of, if not my favorite quote of all time, said by George:

"It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one."

No comments:

Post a Comment