Tuesday, November 29, 2011

RIP George Harrison

As we all know, George Harrison was a musical genius. I have thought of a few ways of to make this post and a few different things to say. As we all know, he was in the greatest band of all time, The Beatles. He not only wrote some of their best songs, but then continued to have a phenomenal solo career. I like George because I think it was very cool how much music and his morals and beliefs meant to him. He was very passionate, and I admire nearly all people who are extremely passionate. He died ten years ago. He had an extraordinary life and he just did everything and tried everything. I think he took a strong fascination in life and everything about it; you know, the meaning of it and I think he took a huge interest in trying to figure it out. Above is one of my favorite George Harrison photographs and below is one of my favorite George Harrison quotes. This quote changed my perception of life and time, because it is so true and it is very obvious and all, but they way he puts it and the fact that very few people actually think to say it makes is so genius to me.

"It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one." - George Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment