Sunday, October 2, 2011

Review on Bon Iver Concert!

Wow! It was much better than I expected and very different than I expected too. The opening act was this band I had never heard of before the concert called, Other Lives. I really liked them in concert, but then I downloaded a few of their songs after and they sounded a lot more country then I remember, but they have very interesting music, I like them. It was a good opening act, they were similar to Bon Iver, but not too similar, they also had the same (or a bit lower) energy level which is also good. Now, before I start with reviewing Bon Iver, I have a short story to tell. It was held at an auditorium and we were sitting in seats, which I was not used to because all of the concerts I had been to pre-Bon Iver I was standing in a pit or something. My friend and I were in row 32 and then when Bon Iver came on we saw some empty seats in row 7 or something like that, so we took those... not that interesting but it made it a lot better. I loved his voice, I could not get over how amazing it was in person it was a lot more powerful. The band had a lot of people in it playing all different types of instruments which I really like. I was, and still am very curious how he visioned all of those instruments and how he wanted them to sound. I think it is amazing that he could do all of that in his head! I think of Bon Iver as having very calm low-energy songs but their concert was so much more "rock 'n' roll" than I expected. No crowd surfing or guitar smashing, it was a lot more civil than that, but I just remember at one point he was down on his knees playing his guitar and feeding of the crowds energy and the music. Afterwords, everyone stood up and clapped, except the people in the pit because they were already standing. I also enjoyed and liked a lot of songs that I did not know. They did not really play too many songs I like by them so I was disappointed there, they played only three or four. They did a cover of this song by Bjork and it was very good. I rate it 8.5/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment