Monday, May 23, 2011

Still Ill

Still Ill- The Smiths

I think there are some lyrics in this song that are so deep and fantastically, beautiful.

1). "I decree that life is simply taking and not giving"


2). "But we cannot cling
to the old dreams anymore
no we cannot cling
to those dreams"



3). "Does the body rule the mind
or does the mind rule the body?"





4). "Under the iron bridge we kissed
and although I ended up with sore lips
it just wasn't like
the old days anymore"



5). "And there are brighter sides to life
And I should know because I've seen them,
But not very often."


The first one, in my opinion is true.The second one is a fact we must face though it can be hard, we must move on from "old dreams". The third is a great question. Number four, makes me sad. It reminds me of the book, Catcher In the Rye. I don't know if you have read it or not, but the main character, Holden, he doesn't really like change, in general, even tiny changes. He talks about going to the Natural History Museum and he states (these aren't his exact words, I am just paraphrasing)Each time you go back it is different, your buddy from before might not be there, it could be rainy out, and different people, different clothes. It cannot be the same again. No matter how hard one may try, they can never recreate a moment to make it as the same and special as the original one. The last one, the fifth one I find it to be very sad and sometimes true and sometimes untrue, I guess it depends on the mood I am in.


SORRY I COULDN'T FIND A NOT LIVE VIDEO I PROMISE IT IS BETTER NOT LIVE (ON YOUTUBE, BUT I'M SURE IT'S MAGICAL LIVE IN PERSON)

No comments:

Post a Comment