Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review of The Kills Concert

The Kills Concert was so amazing! Definitely one of the best concerts I have ever been to! Actually it was the second best, sorry Alison and Jamie, but no one can beat The xx. Alison Mosshart! No words describe how good she was on stage. It was real rock n' roll. Her hair was in her face most of the concert and she was constantly flipping her head and her body up and down. So cool. I also really liked her outfit. She was wearing black jeans, with boots, a long white shirt with holes in it, and this really cool polo shirt jacket thing with an american flag/texas looking flag on it. Anyway I loved her outfit. And Jamie Hince! He was amazing at the guitar, it sounded exactly like it does on tape. When they played 'Future Starts Slow' the sound was amazing. A lot of bands cannot get the same sound frequency because of the room they are playing in or the way they recorded it, but The Kills sounded amazing. Alison's voice was so good. Better in person! It was so real and loud and in your face (in an amazing way). Even the songs that they played that I did not know I enjoyed, but I have to say my favorite song of the night was Tape Song. I got really into it and so did they, also it is one of my favorite songs by The Kills. The only thing that would have made the concert better was if they played Black Balloon, Last Day Of Magic, or Cheap and Cheerful. Still, it was incredible. They really put on a show and entertained the crowd. If they stop in  your city, you have to see them. HAVE TO. Also the band that opened for them, Cold Cave, they were really good too. The guy on the keyboard was crazy it was a great great opening act. Overall rating: 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment