Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guyamas Sonora


Guyamas Sonora- Beirut

Okay, I know I post so so so many songs by Beirut, and I am sorry if you aren't into their beautiful folk-y music, but I adore it. It takes me to a place and a state of mind that no other band and song as before. It makes me really appreciate the beauty of life an nature. Yesterday in school, we were learning about the Renaissance period of Europe, and my teacher said a lot of the art of that time was based on Realism "no abstract crap" (as she would say). Artists at this time wanted to capture the realistic beauty of life and for the first time in Europe in almost 1000 years life seemed to be worth living, it was no longer considered this thing they had to go through to get to heaven. I mean, it really makes sense, in 500 the dark ages started and lasted to 1000. Then the crusades happened where many people died, then the Black Plague where 40-60% of the entire worlds population died. Then the Renaissance, which to me was the greatest and most inspirational and beautiful time in human history (as far as we know) I would have done anything to be alive at that time. Sounds wonderful. Anyways this song reminds me of the beauty in life, which is was art work from the Renaissance does to me as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment