Thursday, December 8, 2011

31 Years Today

RIP John Lennon.

Today it is the 31st anniversary of his death. Most people remember John Lennon for starting The Beatles and completely changing music. He had an incredible solo career and of course is known for his activism. Actually it's kind of funny. I was just thinking how much present day music needs a John Lennon or a George Harrison or a Kurt Cobain, basically a genius. Then I stumbled upon something about John on the internet and I remembered it was his anniversary because a girl in my science class told me earlier today. When I write these "anniversary of death posts" I never really know what to write because I already made one last year for John Lennon and I feel like post people who would even have any interest in reading this, already know why he was so amazing. Of course, there are millions of reasons why I have the up most respect for John Lennon, but there are two main ones. One: He completely altered music forever and ever by starting the greatest band of all time. Two: I really think he had his morals in the right place. He really wanted peace for all humans, basically world peace and most people want world peace. You know, nearly everyone, from negative old cranky senior citizens to angsty teenagers. It even seems to be the answer to all Ms. America questions. But, he actually did something about it and fought for it with every bit of his being which is not very common. Also his song Imagine... I mean seriously. Who can write a song like that? I mean it's easily one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Well, I'm not going to go on about John Lennon forever, so basically Rest In Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment